Quote:

Quote:

talking with a buddy and over how you would drive with a manual 2ndary double pumper.

i said its not like a afb/avs vac 2ndary carb,it feathers the transition on the back opening up.

and with a DP,you dont mash it all the way till rpms come up and then stab the rest.

I also say it works better on a stick car with the manual DP

opinions and your way of driveing/luanching/

not really 100% sure what your asking.

i was running a proform 750DP on my 360/904 street car. i drove it like a regular car. it was great. cruised at low speeds great and when ever i want it to go i just put the pedal to the floor boards and the car just got up and went.. my car ran like an injected car.

if you have to feather the throttle then something isn't set up right.

ok,so if its set up correct both can be stomp from off idle to wot and have no bog/stumble/flat spot.

when I had my 4 speed in the A-body,with the manual DP,i would have to have rpm up over 2000 rpm before I could stab it WOT.

some times i would launch 1/2 throttle and when the rpm started to level off stab it WOT.

when i was showboating and spinning the tires in the dirt or around a corner on pavment,i would side step the clutch in 1st gear and keep the rpms up with the tires broke loose...but i would have to "pump" the throttle to keep it right at the redline then snag 2nd.

now the vac 2ndary carb I would just stab it,hold it to the floor and it did its thing and never had to pump/feather the gas to keep rpms under control, when it redline it was just shift it.

it was said you have to learn how to drive with a manual DP,that what I am asking...how do you do it?

I have saw in car vids of road race car with 4-speeds,they seem to stab it and it is pulling but then you see them pumping the 2ndarys(I think?) to get it up in the rpms faster.

like its to much in that gear and they just pump it a few times holding it longer each time as the rpm goes up to feather it till it takes all the carb and is screaming WOT then shift.

my thought is a DP is more for an 4-speed and a vac 2ndary carb is more for an auto car??