Quote:

Brent...that's one impressive Belvedere AA has! I see he uses Cal-Tracs out back. Do you know what else he's done to the suspension to make it hook so well? My 3500 lb. GTX has NO front sway bar,.840 Race T-Bars...and Calvert Racing 90/10's..which work GREAT! Out back are 002-003 A-Body Super Stock springs,as used on the '68' Hemi Darts and Barracudas. The shocks are Rancho 9000 9-way adjustables. Rear gear is a 8 3/4..4:56 ratio. I believe the pinion angle is 5* angled down. Thanks for the info! Randy B.

Ok here's my easy to use setup. QA-1's in front and rear, .840 t bars and Caltrac mono's in rear.
Get 5-7 inches front end travel. You can adjust as you go on any given day or track.
My air pressure is always between 18 and 19 lbs. Don't want to crush the sidewall and lose contact patch.
Caltracs in bottom hole- less violent- with 2 "flats" preload on pass side. Drv side has space the thickness of a nickel between spring and lever. This is with driver in car.
I don't leave at high RPM- no need with all the torque.
Use a built for my combo converter from Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts. Made specifically for my setup not a cookie cutter by an order taker tech clerk at other companies.
Other reasons to use a smaller tire: cost less, less drag once you're in high gear.
Best reason- it freaks people out wondering how you can go so fast on them...
Thanks to topbrent for using my car as an example