Quote:

When you pay my bills...you can tell me how to drive. I guess jerks are everywhere...even on Moparts. I did not come on here for driving lessons.

Steve, I feel your pain.

When I first got my Daytona, it ran so hot it actually caused my wiper squirter hose support loops (the white ones running down the passenger inner fender) to melt. Now, that's hot !! I live down in the South as well. I talked to Ted Janak who lives near me and he had these problems when he had his Daytonas and Superbirds way back in the day. So, it's the nature of these beasts. Is the car purging/overflowing when you turn off the engine after it's heated up? I do know every car's going to be different. When I top off my radiator, the Daytona always purges coolant when I turn off the motor after a trip in the hot weather. But, after a while, it stops once it sort of balances out and it's all good-to-go.

My timing and everything was fine, 10 degree initial if I remember. Maybe even 5. Regardless, the thing that seemed to do the trick for me was the water wetter and distilled water. Of course, I made sure my radiator was in tip-top shape and I was getting sufficient water flow. I changed out the thermostat too if I recall. I tested the one that was in the car in a pot of boiling water and it wasn't opening all the way. So, that was part of my problem. I see you have a solid fan, so that's good (that is your picture of the engine compartment?). Right now, I feel comfortable with going anywhere. I haven't been caught in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam yet, so I haven't had to test out my new pusher fan.

Don't worry what others may or may not say. Sift through what you need and press on... Believe me, I've gotten plenty of unless replies over the years on threads of mine.

Last edited by hemi68charger; 07/22/11 10:46 AM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)