Quote:

Best advice, just disconnect the harness under the column and plug in a GOOD/NEW switch to eliminate the turnsignal switch,....68-70 B bodies are notorious for brake light problems,.....and as stated, 99% of the time you eventually end up at the turn signal switch after exhausting every other troubleshooting method,....anybody who's ever owned a 68-70 B body for years, has been there at one time or another with brake light issues,.....change the turnsignal switch

Well, rats. That would mean I can't drive my car all weekend.

Any suggestions on where to buy the switch and harness? A quick check of Year One shows $145, but I assume it's far cheaper somewhere else. I really hate to spend money guessing at a problem, though. I already have a new $100 headlight switch that I bought last week that it looks like I didn't need.

I'm seriously tempted to rig up a temporary by-pass just so I have brakelights to drive the car this weekend.....

Although, I have to say, it still makes no sense. I disconnected the turn signal switch, and ran the 12v that goes into that connector directly back to the rear wiring harness and the brake lights did not come on. So the turn signal switch should not have been a factor at all.

I had 12v at the rear harness connector when I pressed the brake pedal, but they don't work. When I ran 12V directly from the battery they did work. I just don't get it. The turn signal switch was not connected at all.

Last edited by Gusteve; 07/02/11 04:57 PM.