My take on the show goes something like this...
Its been 21 years since Ive been to Maple Grove and I was glad to be back. Food was good, place was clean. Mopar Action, HEMI Fred etc did a great job promoting the show. The parking was spaced out enough where they didnt cram you in to where your car/truck was getting dinged up. They covered all the classes so if you had a car/truck you had a class, if there wasnt enough entries then they found you a class. Prices were not outragous. The racecar turnout wasnt bad IMO for the first year of the event. I can see this growing each year. Everyone has there own reasons for going, me personally was the HEMI Shootout. I watched all qualifying and made sure to visit each car up close in the pits. I was impressed. But what I was most impressed with even more so than the SS/AH cars was John's Red 70 SSDA HEMI Cuda. In fact we went back 3 times to look at it. The pics you see here on moparts of his car dont do it justice. The paint is flawless the panels are straight and the craftsmanship is awesome on the entire car. The car dont run to bad either, he ran a 9.38 and a 9.39, both runs wheels up and straight and smooth as can be.

My only question is: where was HEMI Fred hiding ?
We searched hi and low but he was MIA.
I know Fred was there because all his cars were there.