Quote:

Quote:
But what happend? Why did the show end? Why did it not thrive?

I can't wait for the answers.

The show ended cause on Sunday they cancelled the event for the day. I was 3-4 inline behind the gate when they came to the gate and said they cancelled the event because it was supposed to rain. Well low and behold the clouds cleared and the sun came out and it NEVER rained. The magazine pulled sponsorship and no-one else picked it up. So yes it was basically Maplegrove's way of conducting business.

Exactly. This is the answer I was looking for. We were in that line too. And, I believe it was following year, or two years later that they decided to pave the track during the Mopar weekend. I spoke with some people today that said they showed up for that event because they never heard that it had been canceled. Many people are STILL pissed off over that stuff from years ago. Would the NATS shut down for a day because of rain? Would Carlisle? I remember walking around the flea market at Englishtown IN THE RAIN. Maplegrove should NOT have called it off that day. Sure, no racing, but the flea market could have went on... And then the sun came out and was a beautiful day, so we could have raced anyway. Typical Maplegrove.

Maplegrove BANGED us the second we went through the gates on Saturday. Their employees are either clueless or they have no communication. According to MG's website and the ads in Mopar Action. Our racing classes were limited to electronics or no electronics (Pro or Super Pro). So the lady at the booth says what class am I running in. I replied, "No electronics" and she handed a tech sheet to me. At that point, I asked, what classes are they running this weekend. She informed me and SHOWED me the classes; Trophy, Street, Pro and Super Pro. I said, Okay, I'll run Street. She took my tech sheet back and gave me a different one. I went to tech and got teched in with a number and "ST" on my windows. Next thing you know, there is chatter about these classes, so I went up to the guys running the staging lanes and they had NO IDEA what classes were running. Finally, they got a hold of some guy in charge and he said, just pro and super pro. I had to go back to tech and get my stuff changed around. I wasn't the only one, they had a STACK of trophy registrations and several other Street ones as well. They were going to have to change everybody around. The tech guy was pissed.

My advice to Mopar Action magazine would be to just get Maplegrove to hand over the keys to place and tell ALL of their people to stay home and Mopar Action should just staff the entire event with their own people.

In the end, I was surprised. I thought the turn out of racers was good. Car show was okay. Flea Market was weak. Weather was decent. I had a good time even though my car was way off it's normal pace of running in the spring/fall at Cecil. I learned to just accept what the car will run based on the weather conditions and just have a good time racing and hanging with friends.

I have to give credit to the people at Mopar Action Magazine for having the balls to promote a new show in these economic times. This show will probably put the final nail in Englishtown's coffin.