Moparts

How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove?

Posted By: DodgeCharger

How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/07/11 08:47 PM

I am thrashing to get my car ready in time but I expect to make it.This show has the potential to be one of the best Mopar shows in the country. Maple Grove is a world class dragway.
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/07/11 08:52 PM

I'll be there!
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/08/11 03:49 AM

I hope to have four of my cars there
Posted By: fishy340

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/08/11 05:09 PM

whats the date to the event please?

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/08/11 11:34 PM

June 25th & 26th

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/08/11 11:35 PM

thankyou

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/09/11 12:03 AM

Attached picture 6673244-Mopar-flyerMagazine2600.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/09/11 12:04 AM

Attached picture 6673247-Mopar-flyerMagazine2-back-0523.jpg
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/09/11 05:55 PM

we'll be there saturday.....
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/11/11 04:23 AM

Still undecided... Same with most of my peeps. None of us have much love for MG. Me personally... My car is ready to go, but I hate racing in the heat, so the weather will be a major factor for me. I sweat like a pig in a hot car with black interior while the windows are up and wearing a helmet. Plus, I will hate to see how far my car falls off due to the heat as I usually run in the early spring or fall. Don't know what to do. It will certainly be a last minute decision for me, but I'll probably be there.
Posted By: 383man

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/11/11 08:35 AM

Quote:

Still undecided... Same with most of my peeps. None of us have much love for MG. Me personally... My car is ready to go, but I hate racing in the heat, so the weather will be a major factor for me. I sweat like a pig in a hot car with black interior while the windows are up and wearing a helmet. Plus, I will hate to see how far my car falls off due to the heat as I usually run in the early spring or fall. Don't know what to do. It will certainly be a last minute decision for me, but I'll probably be there.

Same here as I dont know if I will go or not. Ron
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/11/11 01:10 PM

A group of us racers in southern Maryland were considering it earlier this year. There was no payout info back then to make plans, so we decided to go to the IHRA Legends Nostalgia race and show at Maryland International Raceway that same weekend.

http://www.mirdrag.com/legends/

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/11/11 04:39 PM

Quote:

What don't you like about MG? I have never been to a nicer Dragway.
I haven't visited every dragway in the country but I am sure Maple Grove is at least top 10 if not top 5.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/11/11 08:56 PM

I made hotel reservations to come Saturday and Sunday but with my Win last weekend, I got 600 points and it moved me into 3rd place in points with 2 weeks to go the last points day being the Saturday of the meet at Maple Grove. It would be nice to Qualify for the Bracket Finals the first points half. ( the top 3 in points Qualify the first half)If anything I`ll only come on Sunday.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 12:09 AM

Which hotel did you link up with and is it close to the track?
Thanks.
Posted By: ValiantRich

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 12:24 AM

I plan to be there with the Valiant. The Comfort Inn in Denver still has rooms available.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 12:33 AM

Quote:

Which hotel did you link up with and is it close to the track?
Thanks.

The Holiday Inn in Morgantown is closest to the track. I don't know if they have rooms availible.
Posted By: 340Bird

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 03:46 AM

I might go sunday, have to see whats going on.
Bird....

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 12:26 PM

You know this is the same thing that happened to the E'town event. I was going to go but... Fill in your excuse here . I went to Englishtown to support the event while my car was being built and raced a street car, just to support the event.

There are some races you go to just to have a good time. I am being thrown in with Nostalgis Super Stocks like a red headed step child. They don't even want a E body there! I am going to support the event, try a couple things and just have a good time! When we no longer have a mopar race on the east coast...

I will support the E'town event till the end, which seems close, But Maple Grove and Mopar Action are putting forth an effort to put on a good show and I hope it thrives! And I will try and do my part to help it. I just hope other moparts members do the same

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 12:53 PM

Quote:

You know this is the same thing that happened to the E'town event. I was going to go but... Fill in your excuse here . I went to Englishtown to support the event while my car was being built and raced a street car, just to support the event.

There are some races you go to just to have a good time. I am being thrown in with Nostalgis Super Stocks like a red headed step child. They don't even want a E body there! I am going to support the event, try a couple things and just have a good time! When we no longer have a mopar race on the east coast...

I will support the E'town event till the end, which seems close, But Maple Grove and Mopar Action are putting forth an effort to put on a good show and I hope it thrives! And I will try and do my part to help it. I just hope other moparts members do the same

I will be there even if my car isn't ready. This show has the possibility to be better than Carlisle. I am starting to think that Carlisle is the perfect Mopar show. Just a big car show and swap meet. I prefer racing to showing my car but I think I am in the Mopar minority.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 07:34 PM

Quote:

I plan to be there with the Valiant. The Comfort Inn in Denver still has rooms available.

holey shishkabob,richie kay's valiant back out?? boys thats one nasty sb worth seeing
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

holey shishkabob,richie kay's valiant back out?? boys thats one nasty sb worth seeing

Might be able to make the event haulin' someone's car
GOOD LUCK RICH!!!!!
Posted By: B1Johnny

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 07:56 PM

i might be going to pick up my pso motor its almost done ,but i will also be at maple grove with cudafied.see ya there.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 07:59 PM

c u there johnny,paul,pablo etc etc lol

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 08:13 PM

Quote:

This show has the possibility to be better than Carlisle.

Really? When was the very first Mopars at Maplegrove? Had to be what... 1990? They had it for a couple years. Enjoyed myself racing at every show and even sold some stuff at those events. Seemed to be growing and I even remember saying that Mopars at Maplegrove could eventually be HUGE! It could have been another Englishtown (in the good old days). In fact, I had hoped that it WOULD become a huge event simply because it was close to home. But what happend? Why did the show end? Why did it not thrive?

I can't wait for the answers.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 08:31 PM

Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 08:59 PM

I'll bet it had something to do with the way Maple Grove usually conducts business.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 09:00 PM

I went to a couple of the Mopar Meets at Maple Grove years ago and always enjoyed them, I heard there was some kind of disagreement between track mgmt and the promoters of the event. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express by the airport its a little far but a nice place. Try the Holiday Inn in Morgantown its only a few miles from the track and is were most racers stay during events at Maple Grove.
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 09:14 PM

some one told me that the last time there was a mopar show at maple grove the track decided to repave the track and did not tell anyone before the show I don't know if this it true its just what I heard

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 09:52 PM

Quote:

I'll bet it had something to do with the way Maple Grove usually conducts business.

BINGO!

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 10:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO!

What ever that means?
The last Mopar show at MG was almost 20 years ago.
As far as I know Maple Grove is under new management for the last couple of years.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 10:06 PM

Quote:

i might be going to pick up my pso motor its almost done ,but i will also be at maple grove with cudafied.see ya there.

Will Paul bring his car???
Posted By: B1Johnny

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/12/11 11:15 PM

hi Al pauls car is apart the rear was bent .Tony fixed it but it is not in the car yet.i am tring to talk him into going to norwalk with it in sept. see ya at the grove later johnny.
Posted By: duster400

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 01:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO!

What ever that means?
As far as I know Maple Grove is under new management for the last couple of years.

You heard wrong, same people. That's kind of like saying they fixed the water drainage problem after NHRA Forced them to get engineers in and they did it their own way anyway and didn't fix the problem. I hear they are losing alot of regular bracket racers because of crappy track prep and the way racers are being treated.
Posted By: Scamp451

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 10:09 AM

I'm driving up Sunday to check it out. Haven't been there since 2004 for the Pioneer Nats.
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 11:14 AM

I'm going as a spectator with B1Johnny

Quote:

hi Al pauls car is apart the rear was bent .Tony fixed it but it is not in the car yet.i am tring to talk him into going to norwalk with it in sept. see ya at the grove later johnny.

Sponsors needed

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 11:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO!

What ever that means?

You heard wrong, same people. That's kind of like saying they fixed the water drainage problem after NHRA Forced them to get engineers in and they did it their own way anyway and didn't fix the problem. I hear they are losing alot of regular bracket racers because of crappy track prep and the way racers are being treated.

I only race a few times a year but with the exception of the Friday night Grudge racing I would consider Maple Groves track prep top notch.
The main reason they are loosing regular bracket racers is due to the economy.
Anyone who never raced at MG and isn't sure if they should bring their car. You should bring your car. You won't be sorry. Maple Grove is a first class dragway. Like I said before most likely top 5 dragway in the country.
Posted By: Joe Grippo

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO!

What ever that means?

Wrong. Whole new Managment team has been in place for a few years now. No problem with the hook, I run the points series there with my Non-Mopar. I also don't buy the "losing alot of regular bracket racers because of crappy track prep and the way racers are being treated" as what I see and here car counts are down just about eveywhere...Economy perhaps?

We'll be there with our 65 Dodge in the show.
Posted By: ValiantRich

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/13/11 07:21 PM

Maple Grove is one of my favorite tracks. The new management is a great improvement. I race all of the NHRA divisional and national events there.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/15/11 06:01 PM

Yeah Richard.
Lets see that SB wail the mail.
Yes, a small block that's killin' the Chevrolets and Co.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/16/11 03:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BINGO!

What ever that means?

I only race a few times a year but with the exception of the Friday night Grudge racing I would consider Maple Groves track prep top notch.
The main reason they are loosing regular bracket racers is due to the economy.
Anyone who never raced at MG and isn't sure if they should bring their car. You should bring your car. You won't be sorry. Maple Grove is a first class dragway. Like I said before most likely top 5 dragway in the country.

My car has always 60ft the slowest at MG. Its has always been better at atco,cecil,englishtown,and even island.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 12:40 AM

Any one else going
Posted By: greenmcode

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 01:56 AM

Were looking to get 8 to 10 F.A.S.T.mopars there...
I wonder if they would give us a lane and a .500 pro tree?
What ya think?
Posted By: Frito

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 02:07 AM

Quote:

Any one else going

I'll be there with a few friends!!!
Posted By: chagjr

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 02:41 AM

Quote:

Were looking to get 8 to 10 F.A.S.T.mopars there...
I wonder if they would give us a lane and a .500 pro tree?
What ya think?

WOW! I did not know that many were going to show up... I definitely will be there.
Posted By: rva

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 10:49 AM

Quote:

Any one else going

be there saturday

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 12:25 PM

Will be there.
A few Brooklynites as well in tow.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 02:01 PM

i do know unlike etown,the food is better at the grove..etown burgers taste like fish! and the hot lamp pizza is enough to give a bull the runs!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/20/11 02:04 PM

Quote:

i do know unlike etown,the food is better at the grove..etown burgers taste like fish! and the hot lamp pizza is enough to give a bull the runs!

Andy, you guys going up on sunday?
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/21/11 02:37 AM

Will be there with the F.A.S.T cars

Attached picture 6692433-a12's.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/21/11 03:55 AM

Quote:

Will be there.
A few Brooklynites as well in tow.

You got some kinda caravan goin on????

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/21/11 06:11 AM

Nope.
But I'm sure they would like to follow as a herd.
Seems like we have more fun while towing then when we get to the track where every ones tends to their respective vehicles and hardly get a chance during the madness to really talk and such.
I'd like to leave early and try and get some seat time trials. I'm sure Curt and the A-team division of the Brooklyn Dodges will be up early and hitched.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/22/11 12:50 AM

yes bobby,and they'll be quite a few fellow mopart local dudes going as well,i gotta see ur beast make some passes,and valiantrich's car haven't seen in yrs..i'll buy u hotlamp pizza if u want...lol

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/22/11 01:13 AM

Quote:

The following vendors will be selling their wares to racers and fans alike:

•Petty’s Garage
•ATI Performance
•Indy Cylinder Head
•MOPAR Performance magazine
•Dante’s MOPAR Parts
•Herb’s Auto Parts
•Moparts.org
•Fairfield Chrysler Jeep Dodge
•SMR Transmissions
•MMM Enterprises
•Savage L&B Dodge
•Legendary Auto Interiors
•Passon Performance
•Penstar Productions
•Sundance Vacations

Posted By: DusterDog

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/22/11 01:35 AM

Anybody that could pick up an event T-shirt in XXL & mail it to me???

I have to work this weekend & can't make it.

PM me & let me know.

Thanks,

Dog
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/24/11 06:18 AM

hi
where are the ground rules for maple grove ?

pets allowed /not allowed ?

specificaly dogs ?

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/24/11 01:34 PM

Quote:

hi
where are the ground rules for maple grove ?

pets allowed /not allowed ?

specificaly dogs ?

try a call

Maple Grove Raceway

30 Stauffer Park Lane

Mohnton, PA 19540-7751

Phone numbers

•Office: 610-856-9200

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 02:20 AM

Well the car is on the trailer, truck is loaded and both are in the garage. All I have to do is hitch up and get some ice for my cooler in the morning. Should be rolling in around 8 am with a couple of other locals.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 03:04 AM

I have my trailer loaded and ready to pull out. I plan on getting there around 9. At 8 I am sure they will be lined up I think by 9am I should be able to just about drive in.
I drove by tonight and seen some nice mopars grudge racing. I seen a Superbird but I didn't see it go down the track.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 03:42 AM

Anyone ever stay at the Black Horse Lodge?
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 04:20 AM

hi
well yea the ole automated answering machiene just wolnt answer my question and i for one think
this rule should be poasted someware but i havent found it on their web sight soooooo me and dogie willbe there bright an early !

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 05:46 AM

I got there about 10 pm and went to my room . almost a 20 minute ride should have stayed in the motorhome

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 08:19 AM

I'm awake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm awake,,,,I think

See ya'all there

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 09:18 AM

Quote:

I'm awake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm awake,,,,I think

See ya'all there

Me Too

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 10:37 AM

On my way! See everyone there!

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/25/11 11:19 AM

Unless the event organizer can change the rules for their event. Maple Grove allows dogs. I sat in the bleachers next to a cute little pit bull puppy ealier this year.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/26/11 07:15 PM

Quote:

But what happend? Why did the show end? Why did it not thrive?

The show ended cause on Sunday they cancelled the event for the day. I was 3-4 inline behind the gate when they came to the gate and said they cancelled the event because it was supposed to rain. Well low and behold the clouds cleared and the sun came out and it NEVER rained. The magazine pulled sponsorship and no-one else picked it up. So yes it was basically Maplegrove's way of conducting business.

Overall what I saw this weekend was a show that COULD become a nice show. They advertised well and had what we want to go there for. Hemi Challenge,FAST class,NSSA,Quick 32,Gambler's race etc. IMO on prices they need to lower car show and general admission prices alittle to bring more people which would bring more vendors. Build the show not start out at Mopar Nats status. Keep calling cars to the lanes instead of waiting till the lanes were empty and know what's goin on. I laughed when the announcer today said to stop by the Indy cylinder head spot today and they left Saturday from what I saw(correct me if I am wrong).

On another note Did Hemifred take a pass in the S & M Duster this weekend?

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/26/11 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:
But what happend? Why did the show end? Why did it not thrive?

The show ended cause on Sunday they cancelled the event for the day. I was 3-4 inline behind the gate when they came to the gate and said they cancelled the event because it was supposed to rain. Well low and behold the clouds cleared and the sun came out and it NEVER rained. The magazine pulled sponsorship and no-one else picked it up. So yes it was basically Maplegrove's way of conducting business.

Exactly. This is the answer I was looking for. We were in that line too. And, I believe it was following year, or two years later that they decided to pave the track during the Mopar weekend. I spoke with some people today that said they showed up for that event because they never heard that it had been canceled. Many people are STILL pissed off over that stuff from years ago. Would the NATS shut down for a day because of rain? Would Carlisle? I remember walking around the flea market at Englishtown IN THE RAIN. Maplegrove should NOT have called it off that day. Sure, no racing, but the flea market could have went on... And then the sun came out and was a beautiful day, so we could have raced anyway. Typical Maplegrove.

Maplegrove BANGED us the second we went through the gates on Saturday. Their employees are either clueless or they have no communication. According to MG's website and the ads in Mopar Action. Our racing classes were limited to electronics or no electronics (Pro or Super Pro). So the lady at the booth says what class am I running in. I replied, "No electronics" and she handed a tech sheet to me. At that point, I asked, what classes are they running this weekend. She informed me and SHOWED me the classes; Trophy, Street, Pro and Super Pro. I said, Okay, I'll run Street. She took my tech sheet back and gave me a different one. I went to tech and got teched in with a number and "ST" on my windows. Next thing you know, there is chatter about these classes, so I went up to the guys running the staging lanes and they had NO IDEA what classes were running. Finally, they got a hold of some guy in charge and he said, just pro and super pro. I had to go back to tech and get my stuff changed around. I wasn't the only one, they had a STACK of trophy registrations and several other Street ones as well. They were going to have to change everybody around. The tech guy was pissed.

My advice to Mopar Action magazine would be to just get Maplegrove to hand over the keys to place and tell ALL of their people to stay home and Mopar Action should just staff the entire event with their own people.

In the end, I was surprised. I thought the turn out of racers was good. Car show was okay. Flea Market was weak. Weather was decent. I had a good time even though my car was way off it's normal pace of running in the spring/fall at Cecil. I learned to just accept what the car will run based on the weather conditions and just have a good time racing and hanging with friends.

I have to give credit to the people at Mopar Action Magazine for having the balls to promote a new show in these economic times. This show will probably put the final nail in Englishtown's coffin.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/26/11 11:17 PM

Quote:

On another note Did Hemifred take a pass in the S & M Duster this weekend?

To my dismay I did not . On Friday morning I blew out my knee but decided to make the trip anyway. By the time we got there and unloaded my weekend was over. Most of my time was spent in the motor home with a bag of ice.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:41 AM

Quote:

That is bad news.
I was considering going, but decide to go to the Legends Nostalgia event at Maryland International Raceway. That turned out to be the right decision.
Posted By: daron

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:43 AM

440 jim they ran the event they are refering to the 1990s mopar show

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:55 AM

I just got home from Mopar Actions Meet at Maple Grove, I enjoyed the meet, went a few rounds in the Gamblers Race and lost a close one second round on Sunday. The track was good, my 60fts were consistent every run. Caught up with Hemiitis, Valiantrich, N20mstr and a few others, good to see you guys. the Hemi Challenge was cool! I`ll definitly go next year if they have it again.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 02:06 AM

just walked in the house 5 min's ago,highlite for me was jim danials losing,and seeing richs valiant after a few yrs of not seeing it...still nasty and only a few tenghts from the ss hemi cars..wescott jr is one bad man hittin the gears congrats to him
Posted By: moparts

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 02:24 AM

The word is that the Mopar Action deal on the show was for three years.

Sounds like everyone was happy for the first year of the show.

So looking forward to a bigger next year

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Any one else going

I'll be there with a few friends!!!

Frito,great to see ya,,,,,,,,,,,we'll talk in Carlisle

Attached picture 6701889-THEGROVE6.11014.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:27 PM

I had a great time at the Grove!!!!!!!There had to be 75% "A" bodies Everybody was off a little they said.It was hot and felt humid.I went down with 2 good frinds,We ended up pitted next to Ed Cook in the "FAST" car section.Thanks Ed ,your hospitality absolutley blew us away

Attached picture 6701903-THEGROVE6.11194.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:33 PM

HEMI FRED was there,unfortunatly he could hardly walk
The Cuda,Roadrunner & S&M Duster were there!!!That Cuda is AWSOME!!

Attached picture 6701911-THEGROVE6.11021.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:36 PM

When Bill came over to say hello,Fred,Bill & I yakked it up for a while.

Attached picture 6701914-THEGROVE6.11026.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 01:42 PM

Cool pics!!

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 03:12 PM

Thanks Ted!!I took a ton of pictures on Saturday,then got carried away with video that ate up my memory card So I did not take any pic's on sunday.I'll have another much LARGER memory card for Carlisle I transported FULLMETALJACKET with his sweet 65 coronet and dragged my very close friend Ken with us also.We all had a GREAT time at the Grove

Attached picture 6702021-THEGROVE6.11142.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 03:18 PM

Anytime,Al!! I have some to post up later today...
Posted By: wmwalden

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 04:12 PM

We had a great time. Met a few new people and saw some old friends. Even the dog liked MG. I actually won a round. Despite my lack of cutting a good light. The car was off a few 10ths but I was told my car would run slower at MG. So no big deal.

I will be going to ALL of the Mopar events at the Grove. Had a blast.
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 06:01 PM

My take on the show goes something like this...
Its been 21 years since Ive been to Maple Grove and I was glad to be back. Food was good, place was clean. Mopar Action, HEMI Fred etc did a great job promoting the show. The parking was spaced out enough where they didnt cram you in to where your car/truck was getting dinged up. They covered all the classes so if you had a car/truck you had a class, if there wasnt enough entries then they found you a class. Prices were not outragous. The racecar turnout wasnt bad IMO for the first year of the event. I can see this growing each year. Everyone has there own reasons for going, me personally was the HEMI Shootout. I watched all qualifying and made sure to visit each car up close in the pits. I was impressed. But what I was most impressed with even more so than the SS/AH cars was John's Red 70 SSDA HEMI Cuda. In fact we went back 3 times to look at it. The pics you see here on moparts of his car dont do it justice. The paint is flawless the panels are straight and the craftsmanship is awesome on the entire car. The car dont run to bad either, he ran a 9.38 and a 9.39, both runs wheels up and straight and smooth as can be.

My only question is: where was HEMI Fred hiding ?
We searched hi and low but he was MIA.
I know Fred was there because all his cars were there.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/27/11 11:22 PM

Thanks Proshift, thats definitely a compliment. Unfortunately had some trouble with a sticking trans brake button on Sunday which burned out the trans brake solenoid , but a very good time! Thats Racing!

Got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. For all that stopped by and said Hi, THANKS! thats what makes these events so enjoyable. the people! Hopefully in the future ALL moparts members stop by. And Frito and his stories...

Only downside is racing your car you don't get to see everything. Missed the swap meet as where it was way on the other side, I couldn't go over to after the second run at about 5:00 pm Saturday, and almost everyone was packed up by then. And most of the show cars were gone also. Next year I'm going out and setting up Friday night!

Didn't know where the moparts tent was until I saw the pictures on here. Wanted a decal for the car And a banner that members sign, what?? Next year!

I think they were planning for a bigger crowd and hopefully it does grow. That is very good to hear they commited for a couple years. They definitely put forth a good effort.I know I had a GREAT time!

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 02:41 AM

Spoke to Fullmetaljacket and he WASN'T impersonating a police officer. I think I finally saw an ET on that badazz Coronet.

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 03:30 AM

Quote:

Spoke to Fullmetaljacket and he WASN'T impersonating a police officer. I think I finally saw an ET on that badazz Coronet.

Are you thinking too much??Did you see the throttle stop??

Attached picture 6703255-THEGROVE6.11127.jpg

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 03:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Are you thinking too much??Did you see the throttle stop??

Never saw the hood open... never got to see it run either. I figured the dial in was "a little off."

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 04:15 AM

Yeah, cause I was undercover in plain cloths. On a stake out for Hemi Fred whom we heard is dealing VP racing fuel out of his trailer.LOL.

My Partner Officer Friday was done by Sunday. LOL.

Much big props to that classy gang of crazy guys that live in the F.A.S.T lane.
I feel at home with them since we are all sneaking around.LOL.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the Throttle stop...... LOL. I know my rights, I'll take the fifth!
Nice chattin' PinkDuster.
Posted By: Joe Grippo

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 12:57 PM

Maybe a little late but here's the stuff I shot this weekend...

http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/2011-mopar-action--/

6-11_MOPARS-MAPLEGROVE_399 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-11_MOPARS-MAPLEGROVE_380 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-11_MOPARS-MAPLEGROVE_354 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-11_MOPARS-MAPLEGROVE_324 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

6-11_MOPARS-MAPLEGROVE_278 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 03:24 PM

These are some excellent pictures. You have a talent for photography.
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 06:27 PM

Lee and Al,

You guys are welcome anytime!

Ed
Posted By: Frito

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/28/11 08:55 PM

My greatest sight was a BIG roll back with a certian black 65 Dodge running a stop sign and making a turn on two wheels, cutting off a blue Challenger. We were discussing it later in the pits and he said "was that you" I loved it!!!!

Re: How many are going to Mopar Action @ The Grove? - 06/29/11 03:56 AM

Quote:

My greatest sight was a BIG roll back with a certian black 65 Dodge running a stop sign and making a turn on two wheels, cutting off a blue Challenger. We were discussing it later in the pits and he said "was that you" I loved it!!!!

That's now a GROVE CLASSIC I enjoyed our 10 second conversation

Attached picture 6704855-THEGROVE6.11201.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums