Quote:

Quote:

Vinyl roof or not the code is there on the tag for the upper body paint in 1969. I don't know if it was possible to delete the lower body black out on the 69 GTX ?

Since the car has been repainted does it matter if the original paint was disturbed ?

The F8 on the car looks good, I don't want to disturb the new paint to see if the holes were filled for the trim. Are any of the holes visible from the inside, like on the fender or door?

Should be. I just had to find two (one on each side) of the 23-25 holes (each side, about 50 total) that got filled in with body filler and that was easy for one because of the oooze of filler on the back side of the hole. Look inside of the trunk or remove the front inner fender seal where the antenna is (can see it from the door jam) or look/feel on top of the wheel openings where the wheel opening trim get screwed in place. If you look closely at the right rear quarter panel here you will see that one of the five trim holes is not there. The trim holes between the rear bumper and the right rear wheel opening are equal distances apart and you can see where one should be. I went into the trunk and there was a small, very small dome of filler there and I took a very small drill bit and worked through it by hand and then increased the size (all by hand) until it was back to the original size.

With about 46 original holes for the GTX trim (not including the approximately 16 wheel opening trim holes) I'm betting you can find at least one....maybe two if they were there in the first place.

MikeR

Note #3 hole (middle) is missing but you can see the placement from inside the trunk, at least I could on my car

6615961-DSC02772rs.jpg (400 downloads)