Coronet1966d

I will shed some light on this, It has happened to me several times. I asked the question here and got the same responses.

I started trouble shooting with fluid levels, too low? no difference! then to a trans temp gauge? no difference! back to fluid level, to High? no difference!. Then slipping converter making too much heat? change gears! NO DIFFERENCE. it still did it.

more frustrating? there is nothing worse than puking trans fluid through the bellhousing vent in to windage of the converter to spray out every different direction under the car and start to burn onto the exhaust.

I finally spoke with a trans guy and explained to me that with a Cheetah Reverse Valve body somehow it spins the drum over what would be considered normal and foams the fluid until it pukes out.

He suggested that I go out and run the car like an old lady for an hour cruise and see if it happens. then on a different day drive the car hard shifting and like you want to drive it and see if it happens.

It did it as he said it would.
grandma drive, no trouble!.

grandson drive, puke and smoke!

I am no tranny guy so I dont know the technicals and argue with some "Mopar Experts" about how that is not possible. but I did the experiment and it proved it to me.

The solution is to block the vent in the bellhousing and install one in the tailshaft or main housing. the dragrace only forum is the place to ask about the moving of the vent because alot of them experience this trans problem.

please keep me posted if you do this test so I know I am not nuts. Henry

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com