Quote:

I understand that you have your beliefs. I respect that. I have been a WOOD mechanic (Carpenter) for 25 years and that trade has taught me that MY way isnt the ONLY way to do things.
In the case of my Charger and its motor problems, When I tore down the motor last month, I saw very little debris. I noticed some near parting lines on the block and in crevices in the heads near drainback holes, but the bottom of the pan wasn't filled with metal shavings. The cylinder walls didn't have gouges in them. I DO agree that losing a cam lobe is bad but from your posts I gather that you are very conservative about engine building. I see your perspective as being cautiously pessimistic. I am the type that takes risks that often pay off. If I read your posts and then read another from someone like me, I might be inclined to side with you, IF I HAD THE TIME AND MONEY. I think that you are much more knowledgeable than I, but some kids have to learn things for themselves.
I will certainly give closer consideration to pulling and douching a motor that wipes a cam in the future, thanks to you. Please do not consider my words as any sort of insult. Quite the contrary. I think that a mans best lessons are sometimes the ones he learns the hard way.

What did the inside of the oil pump look like? The oil goes thru the pump before it goes thru the filter.

I spun a bearing , ran the motor for a short time not knowing it spun a bearing , oil pressure was good and no knocking , it was screaching and I thought it was the hencho en mexico throwout bearing I didn't change out on the clutch change , I had metal particles INSIDE the 800 mile old hyd. lifters.

I'll dig out the bearings and the pistons from the engine masters build we did, it started to eat multiple lobes on 2 cams , but only started to fleck off the surface, minimal pulls with Schebeck lifters and nothing went flat , you should see what the bearings look like .