Quote:

Quote:

am I missing why people aren't selling these or am I just looking in the wrong place. It would seem that you could get one of the new bumpers that I have found for sell on many web sites and just rubberize it. How hard could it be?

Please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

If your looking for repro elastromeric bumper, Gene Gregory makes them for Cuda and Challenger, you can contact him at www.alhambracustomservice.bravehost.com

to fit them to an existing set of regular chrome bumper bracket (front) you'll need to elongate the main frame bolt holes/slot on the brackets to push the bumper up flush with the fenders, the rear brackets you may have to shim the brackets, or bumper, your choice, outward, to obtain the fit you desire

Mike

Thanks for the info. My 71 'Cuda has the original rubber bumper brackets. OK, I think it does. I am going to have to go check again to see. Just so that I am clear, the slotted bolt holes are on the car side of the bracket right? I know for a fact the the bumper side of my brackets have slotted bolt holes. My car is in a shop that is not at my house. I will have to check in the morning. Is there a bracket part number that I can look for or see with the brackets installed? Bumper is removed.

The car had chrome bumpers on it when I bought it. The car is an original factory purple car but was blue when I bought it. I figure the previous owner replaced the rubber bumper with the chrome one when he painted it blue. A21 on the fender tag. He also painted the engine well black and the inside of the trunk gold. LOL Got to love the 80s right?

How bad are the AAR fiberglass front bumpers? $135 is a big difference from the Six Pack Performance $950.

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart2/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=130

http://www.sixpackperformance.net/product.php?productid=16253&cat=313&page=1

Logic dictates the Six Pack Performance bumper is probably second to none but for the money, the AAR one looks really tempting.

Thanks for the help guys.

(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O) 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6 {||O||} 2000 Yamaha V-Max (O O [========= SRT] O O) 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 . Making as big as a carbon footprint as I can!!!