Quote:

Yea, it would be too deep. The recessed area in the head is nearly .200" at the edges, and taking that much off the head would make the head deck a bit too thin.

I have heard about a piston, the KB268, that might work for this with the 198 rods. Will check it out.

I figured it might be too deep. The big block head looks doable, and some here have done it. But .200" would pooch that head i'm sure, unless the decks are 1/2" thick. Heh heh... its a slant 6, you never know, gotta be SOME good reason why a tiny 6 cyl engine can weigh 475lbs...

And last i checked (3 or more years ago?) there was no non-Mopar head that could be physically bolted onto/mated to a slant six. Apparently the slant guys have tried EVERYTHING... and i do not doubt them. But... it has been at least 3 years... and there have been a few I-6's introduced into the automotive world. If i was a slant six guy, that would be my quest... finding a modern head to bolt onto that block. Beyond the obvious benefits, making quench would be easy. But i suppose we're transcending the original question now...