Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've been using Walmart for all my batteries with very good success.
Please don't hate me.

Same here, the yellow ones. The ones I've bought (2 years ago being the latest) have said "Johnson Controls" on the label.

I saw a post last year from a Johnson Controls employee( I think he was an engineer but not sure). He said that they make batteries for a lot of different venders. He said they all have the same exact plates in them but not the same number of plates. He said the Walmart batteries have the same quality of parts as any of their other batteries but they have the least number of plates. Weigh a Walmart battery and weigh the most expensive battery you can find that is made by Johnson Controls and I think you will see a significant difference.

There are less than 5 manufacturers in the country making car batteries. Johnson Controls makes ALL of the brands mentioned above. They got most of them when they bought Globe Union in the 70s. They got the rest when they bought Optima in 2000.

Johnson controls also makes some or all of these batteries as well:
Acura, Advance Auto Parts, Autocraft, Western Auto, Tough One, Alliance, American Hardware, Ames, Varta, Blains Farm & Fleet, Battery Alliance, Bosch, Carrefour(Europe), Champion, Amara Raja Batteries LTD(Joint venture with Johnson Controls India).
Varta, Optima Batteries, LTH, and Heliar are all battery manufactures owned by Johnson Controls.
Johnson Controls supplies Ford Motor company, Diamler Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Isuzu with original equipment batteries. So next time you go and buy a battery, or a automobile chances are its a battery made by Johnson Controls.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado