Okay, I finally had time to mess with this a bit this evening before it got dark.

The spring in the vacuum canister is the black one, which is the heaviest in the kit.

The secondaries are opening (maybe 3/8"). I used a zip tie on the shaft and it moved down for sure.

I get 12 inhg in neutral and around 10-11 in drive.

I was wrong when I "updated" about my bog. It is when I'm in 3rd gear and nail the throttle. Nothing happens and then off like a raped ape. It only sneezes out of the carb when the engine is cold. Once it is warmed up it just goes flat instead of sneezing.

The carb is a stock setup. I don't know about the pump cam as that isn't listed in the specs with the carb and I don't know where to look. If the "squirter" is the "pump discharge nozzle" it is an 0.031. The power valve is a 65.

The tires are tall. This is in a truck ('68 Swepty).

I haven't pulled a plug in awhile to look but the last time I looked they looked very clean. The engine builder I work with has told me they should look clean when the engine is running right as opposed to the light brown that I've always heard.

I'm not opposed to getting a secondary metering plate with jets. Or a taller gear for that matter but I still need to be able to run 75mph on the interstate with all the other morons in Atlanta.

Thoughts?

YO7_A66, where you from in Indiana? I spent a good portion of my life in Corydon, went to college in Terre Haute (at RHIT), then lived in Kokomo for a bit too.