I have an 80508S on my 440. I've got a Lunati 60303 cam, around 9.2:1 compression, Performer RPM intake, Eddy heads, full length headers, and full 2.5" exhaust. The rear gear is not great (2.73). I'm running an auto with a 10" converter from TurboAction.

The off-the-line hit is great. Cruising down the highway is great.

I'm thinking about going to an 850 from Quickfuel or an 870 from Holley. But, before I go that route I'd like to sort out an issue I'm having before I decide if I'm going to swap it out.

Primary jets are 74 (original jets were 70) and it has a metering plate for the secondaries that works out to a 75 jet.

The problem I have is that when I'm cruising at any speed and then decide to punch the throttle the engine bogs, sometimes sneezes out the carb, and then takes off like a raped ape.

After looking at Holley's website I may need to go with a lighter secondary vacuum canister spring. Since it is great off the line it sounds to me like the secondaries are coming in too late.

I don't know the weight, but this is in a '68 Sweptline pickup, which I've been told is between the weight of an A-body and a B-body.