Quote:

Quote:

So, the system doesn't kick down, aka out of overdrive on accel ?
I assume the regular trans still does, so technially the trans is in 2nd , yet the OD is still engaged.

Is this unit capable of that kind of torque?

Hey Bill,,
As Screamin eluded to, the GV can handle anything I give it.. I never thought about the OEM kickdown taking affect... I'll have to experiment on that one.....

I read an article online in one of the magazines that led me to believe that the foot switch was used to contol the overdrive's selection of being in standard or overdrive(or underdrive as the case may be, as Gearvendors sells both). That way you can quickly split the gears of the transmission when you are accelerating. For instance first low, hit the button for first high, hit it again and upshift the trans for second low, then second high etc, etc,. Once you practice at it, it's supposed to be pretty seamless and really quick to do essencially giving you a six speed or eight speed with an overdrive trans.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)