Quote:

1) What guage steel is used for the floor and rear firewall?

I used Chris Alston's kit for the rear firewall and floor. I think it was 16 gauge, but I'm not sure

Quote:

2) Did you have to cut any of the inner rear panel (where the qtr window goes) where it meets the wheel tub, or can it be left alone and additional metal to fill it to the tub?

The front part of the inner wheel well seals to the back part of the rear panel. I had to cut it to fit and seal the wheel tubs, but the factory interior panels still fit.

Quote:

3) What rail spacing did you go with? I am not sure whether to go with 24" or 26". I don't think I will be filling the whole tub width with tire if I go with the 32" tire. Is there any benefit to going wider if you don't actually need such wide tubs?

I didn't buy a pre welded sub frame. I think mine ended up being a little wider than 26 inches, but I don't recall at the moment. I think there is a benefit to going wider on the frame (opposite to what you mentioned above). The car will be more stable as you move the mounting points further apart (shocks and bars, ladder or 4-link). Also, I had very little room left over for wheelie bar mounts on the axle. I probably could have move the frame 2 inches further apart and made things a little easier.

Couple things to consider:

1. Quarter Max, jegs, and a few other companies offer axle mounts for your 4-link that incorporate either the rear shock mount or a wheelie bar mount on the back side. I wish I would have seen these before I started.

2. Seal everything!!! I can't tell you how many tubes of seam sealer I used, but I don't get ANY tire smoke inside the car.

3. 4-link mounts in line with the frame or inside. This is more of an issue with the ladder bar kits, but I'd check when looking at 4-links as well. When your selecting a rear frame, notice where the front bars mount. In line with the frame moves the suspension mounts further out and make the car more stable. However, pay attention to the rest of the frame because this will also decrease suspension travel if done incorrectly.

4-Link in line with frame:

Housing bracket with shock mount: