Quote:

32x17.50 When I measured it was the biggest that I could fit without stretching the wheel well opening. At the time I didn't want to repaint the car, but ended up repainting a couple years later anyway.

I had all the same questions as you. This was my first back half and I was probably too conservative when it came to cutting out the rear suspension and floor pan. I did it in probably 15 or 20 different sections carefully looking for tweaks and bends in the quarter panels, rear deck lid, roof, and glass. If I were to do it again, I'd set the car up square on a jig or jack stands and using a plasma cutter take out the entire back half in one big chunk.

This forum was extremely helpful. I have several gigabytes of pictures saved from the board members. Chris Alstons Chassis Works has some good online articles that were also very helpful during the process. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help. There are more experienced people on this board that I'm sure will chime in as well. Don't forget to take a bunch of pictures!

Later,

Greg

Ride height at rest:

Suspension unloaded:

32x17.5, don't rub:

Thanks GSMopar,

Your Charger looks pretty awesome. I just want to try and think of everything that will affect the build before I actually start the work.

A few more questions:
1) What guage steel is used for the floor and rear firewall?

2) Did you have to cut any of the inner rear panel (where the qtr window goes) where it meets the wheel tub, or can it be left alone and additional metal to fill it to the tub?

3) What rail spacing did you go with? I am not sure whether to go with 24" or 26". I don't think I will be filling the whole tub width with tire if I go with the 32" tire. Is there any benefit to going wider if you don't actually need such wide tubs?

Thanks...I'm sure I'll have a million more.

Greg.

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.