I called Jim Dowell at Racer Brown yesterday just to ask him where the compression "sweet spot" was for the 509 cam. After talking with him he said I would see very minimal gain bumping the compression up a half point. I think he worked it out to about 9hp which he said could potentially get me a tenth.

He said my biggest gain would be in a converter change. He said the 10" I am running now is no good. He suggested switching to an 8". I have an ATI that I used to have in the Cuda but pulled out because I didn't like it on the street. He said I could pick up as much as a few tenths switching to the 8". I am going to call ATI next week to see if tightening it up a little would help make it more street friendly while still helping me out at the track.

The other option would be a 9.5". I talked to Shawn at Dynamic and he said putting one of their 9.5" verts in would pick up 2-3 tenths over the 10". He also said the vert change should get me 1.5 60' times.

So it looks like the head milling project may be on hold depending on what ATI tells me. Or I could do both

'72 440 Cuda
11.673 @ 115.91 w/1.663 60'