Quote:

Quote:

But
wouldn't a simpler deal in conjunction with longer
pushrods be, the "six-pack" rocker arms, shafts and hardware? Especially, if you have a complete
LOW or NO mileage set just laying around collecting dust! After all, they are the "service replacement" for the standard stamped-steel rocker factory rocker arms.

I've seen word on this site that those replacement rockers are no beefier than the regular production items.

But, your advice has merit pending ones budget and valvespring tension. I've gotten away with the regular production pieces with a few failures. Fortunately, the pushrod either punches through the rocker or the pushrod just fell to the side. Either way, the lifters never left their bores. And this was with the 933 valvesprings.

100%
Dean, the MAIN area of "beef" or improvement is the pushrod socket, where the pushrod had a tendency to break through on the earlier design.
Chrysler also improved the thickness of the rails
and area of the trunnion surface. This is why these pieces are factory upgrade to the earlier versions (pre-6 pack motors). And I believe there are the matching chrome shafts to go with them. Budget allowing? It IS worth the investment, even on a "gennie" motor (moderate to high mileage). Hydraulic cams only!! But as you stated, spring tension DOES set the limit on them, before going to adjustable rockers!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)