Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yea, i took the cap off while the car was running and it did not make a difference, i am in the process of getting a new gas line from the tank to the fuel pump

I didn't see or read.

Did you blow thru the pickup to see if it's restricted?

And did you remove the fuel pump push rod to inspect it?

There's nothing wrong with your supply line unless there's a hole in it somewhere from rust. imo

Chally, he is getting orange fuel & not getting much fuel, he has already checked the tank/pick-up for rust & blockage, he said that was all clear, I had supply lines be bad in these cars & i changed "everything" & still chaseing my tail & scratching my head trying to figure it out, sure enough thats what it was, it even turned my gas rusty color too.

OK I was betting that screen on his pickup was restricted or the fuel pump push rod was bad.

Sure the line front to back can be rusty, but enough to restrict flow?

Yes most definitly, they can rust so bad the inner walls will collapse or big chunks will come off, all this will/can restrict fuel flow "big time" even though the outer line looks fine.

He said he blew through the pick-up in the tank & it was clear, i've seen the "end' off the line clog up from old sluggy fuel & the screen still be ok, but like he said, the fuel tank/pickup were fine & replaced at one time, the main line wasn't, most often if your tank is nasty & rusty from age, you can "rest assured" so is the main line, so its best to replace the whole sha-bang!!

As for the rod, yeah i would just replace it for peice of mind, there for you "know" its good, there not that exspensive.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU