Quote:

okay, i by passed the gas tank with a plastic container, the fuel pump is not pulling fuel into the fuel filter, or lets say the fuel pump is not keeping the fuel filter full of fuel, it will idle and i did not run it till normal temp, however,is the fuel filter suppose to be full of fuel at idle?

You really need to do the testing like i mentioned earlier, get 2 gas cans at least 2 gal. ones or larger, use the 1 as a inlet & fill it with fuel, use the other as the outlet & fire it up (when its warm & carb has gas in it), don't worry about the filter, just run rubber hose on "both" sides for testing, your wanting to rule out the pump & rod, if the pump doesn't put out a nice steady flow of fuel while idleing, then either the pump is bad or the rod is warn, & while you have it like this after your testing, you can then pop a hose on the cars fuel line going back too the tank & check for blockage.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU