Quote:

With those pistons still being a mile down in the holes it doesn't really matter what kinda lump of iron you put on there, it will still be a dog. In this stage I think compression ratio makes more power than headflow.

I agree with the '71bee here that in stock form I take a closed chamber head anytime over an open chamber smoghead. There's more than just this .5 point of compression gain. With proper 0-deck (dished) pistons there's also quench-effect to be achieved.

In true redneck style one could ofcourse put a .100" slab of JB weld on the pistons to increase the CR a bit...

bumping from 8:1 to 9:1 leaving all other things constant will yield in about a 4% power increase. I had a 360 that calculated out to just under 8:1 that made very respectable power, enough to allow my 3900lb 5th ave keep up with a 5.7L chrysler 300hemiC from a 20mph roll....some home porting to the heads, headers, RPM air gap, and a comp XE262 made for a very strong low comp motor.

anyway, I'd run the 452's if they're ready to run and are truly 80cc.

cam, run the lunati voodoo 60302. it's actually a 112LSA on a 108 ICL, and the comp XE268 is a 110 LSA on a 106 LSA.

with your weight, stall and gearing, I'd install it as ground (108LSA), if it was a heavier car, lower stall, or taller gearing, I'd consider installing it advanced another 2-4 degrees (104-106 degree ICL.

intake, I'd probably run in this order: performer RPM, DP4B, street dominator, performer, M1 dual plane, weiand dual plane, stock manifold,

I'd definitely run headers, cheapest 20hp/20lb-ft torque you'll find.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)