Quote:

Bighead,

Thanks! that's pretty close to what I'll have and tells me (with 400 pounds less weight and having a little more more stall and gear)I should be able to put this thing safely in the 6.90-6.99 range....which is quick enough for me to have some fun with.

I also like the anvil like reliability a moderately low (6500 is pretty easy on even a 4" arm smallblock) RPM big incher will make

No prob! I always regretted not going with the flat-top pistons, though. I had zero problems with 89 octane, usually ran 92 but I suspect 87 would have worked fine. After detonation problems with an open chambered iron head 440 in my youth, I am always conservative to a fault with compression on a real pump gas street driver. Figured I'da run high 6s and 10s with the flat-tops and a 4.10 gear. Still alot of fun and I hope to get more power this time with the shorter duration but higher lift VooDoo cam and the ported heads. The Demon actually weighed 3100, but I make up the other 300! A car and driver diet and this new race-gas roller motor hopefully will rin mid 6s/10s reliably... RB