Quote:

1) Louvers were available with or without vinyl tops. But if it had a vinyl top it had to be black.

2 I'm not following you. Seems like you are making a big deal about nothing here. You want to make up a rare or unique car, so just do it. What does it matter that it could/couldn't be available? It's not a factory car anyways. You'd put 71 stripes on a 70 and then worry that you couldn't get a certain color or top or interior?

I see your point about my concern with different options for each year. That being said, I will try and be more clear what what I am trying to decide upon.

Ok, the idea is to build the car for a specific time period. I am leaning more towards early 1971 because it could have been built with the features I desire except the gator top.

I got the idea of mixing a FEW different year items from the Demon I mentioned in an earlier post. That car was built BY THE FACTORY in late '71 which is why it has the '72 interior. The car was not optioned this way. Here is a quote from the article:

"Perhaps most interesting of all, this was not a special order car or a "sold car," but was a generic sales bank car sent out to an unknown dealership in Southern Florida when new. So, as bizarre as this one is, apparently, they were just using up leftover '71 parts and getting these things out the door so they could start building the slightly different '72 models."

So basically I am trying to replicate a "sales bank" car.

That is the idea behind putting different year features on the car from the next or previous year depending which year I decide to build. Example, '71 year with a '70 "leftover" gator top. Or, 70' body with '71 interior. Make sense now?

The reason I am so concerned about mixing and matching different parts/options/features is because some options were not available until a specific time of production. If the car had been built in the right time of the production year, its possible it could have left the factory like Iggy's Demon with mixed parts.

Also, not everyone wanted the rare options that would have been available in 1970. Chrysler did not produce these parts as they were ordered for each car. That wouldn't make sense. They were likely produced in bulk. Now, as the Demon clearly displays, these leftover parts could have been thrown into the next year models to simpley rid of them and make room for the next production run.

I am still trying to make sense of how I want to build the car myself! I do not know all the options available for each year of the specific dates to which they are available. I am only asking for input of what were rare options that could be included in the build.

Sure, its not a factory car. But the IDEA is that IT HAS BEEN DONE.

I know to some of you it may be but its one of the things I love about Mopars. The Mod Top vinyl roofs, the wild colours, and the bizarra assemblies such as the Demon. Steve Juliano owns a Mod Top 'Cuda with a Hemi. Its an odd colour combination but I LOVE IT.