Quote:

Just depends how much power you have and how hard you drive. A powerful 3200 lb car that is being driven hard on a road race course will cook the factory 11.75 rotors really quick. If you're just cruising around the track then they'll last a long time.

We use a custom built 13 x 1.250 rotor up front on this Valiant with Baer six piston calipers. Those are $3000 brakes and even those will start to fade after repeated stops from 150. Factory 11.75 rotors up front would be toast in a few laps on a car like this.

You know, i drive my cars pretty hard. Actually no, i should say i drive them pretty fast, all the time, everywhere, but somehow i am just not hard on the brakes. I get crazy mileage out ov brakes compared to others. Even on the girlfriend's 96GT Mustang, with its 4-wheel (but very small) discs, i've only warped two sets (fronts) in 4 years, and those stock GT (not the Cobra brakes) will warp if you look at 'em hard enough...

I've got a couple cars i've owned for years and years that still have the brakes on them they came with. Sure, road racing will change the needs drastically, but i still say i'd do better than most, wear-wise. Again, the ONLY reason i wont go with bigger 13 or 14" set-ups, is so i can still use stock rims on occasion.

I'm assuming you're doing all the usual tricks with your Valiant like cooling/ducting, SS hoses, etc....??? I haven't gone that far yet, but i will with this project i'm building.