Quote:

so I have the prototype painless system. It is setup for the 98 and up connectors.
They chose not to use the sensor over the transmission. Rather they modded the distributer to have a shutter wheel to pick that up.
They also use a bunch of chevy sensors and spark controler.

The 94 era magnums are apparently easier to use for a direct swap. Wedgeman did it and a couple of others. by 97 you are into odbII instead of odbI.

There is a thread around where we are tossing around the mustang maf system swaping it over to run the magnum, but it requried a few distributer mods.

thanks i seen that tread using the mustang stuff,,was a little confusing to me,,

funny thing i met a guy last week that converted the ford over the counter carb to efi kit to work on his pontiac street rod,,,he machined the dizzy to fit in the pontiac block,,shortened the dizzy shaft and put the gm dizzy drive gear on it,, then fooled the computer making a conversion cross over for the injection wiring firing order,,pretty slick,,,

why are the 95 and earlier magnums easier to make work ?? the one im looking ta is a 97 motor super low mileage test mule engine,,,

if 95 and earlier is easier,,,cant i get a 95 computer or are the pluggs differnt? a 95 puter and engine harness make it simpler ??

hot wire will make the harness a 4 wire hook up and reflash the puter to thing it has a stick shift so i dont need the tranny section of the puter,,for a whopping 820 bucks,,

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic