Quote:

Sure about that? Tell me why, with applications using a controller with the by-pass resistor, would partial choke spring heat be required throughout the full run cycle if the factory thought there was sufficient crossover heat to insure that the spring would be relaxed completely?

Are you saying you need the electric assist to keep the choke "open" once the engine is up to operating tempature? I dont have it in front of me now to scan and post it, but the 76 FSM says the V-8 two stage assist has no electric going to the choke above 130F. So yeah I guess Im saying the choke will come all the way open and stay open throughout the run cycle without electric going to it. There will be enough heat sink from the engine to fully open any factory intake mounted choke system even one without a properly working heat crossover system. And the lack of heat riser in that BB manifold is interesting. But I can tell you I have one in my 78 318. I'll look and see hopefully today or tomorrow if theres one in my 77 'Doba 400 Thermoquad non-HP. I do notice that manifold you pictured looks to be of a HP style. Could that have something to do with it not having one?