"And I also understand that the 440 can be built to easily outperform the 5.7, (in a straight line acceleration contest, atleast) however, there's no way even the best built 440 can touch the drivablity, reliability, efficiency, and performance of the new stuff. To get a 440 to the same 350 net hp number, I'd have a lumpy idle, an engine that would foul plugs quite frequently, and something that would get 9 mpg. And require constant tuning/tinkering."

The 5.7 is not going to get you the same mpg numbers in a carbed format. I got 12mpg w/ a Supercharged 440 doing 70mph w/ 3.91's so I'm sure with less gear or a 4 speed 17 is doable. You can always go w/ a gear venders O/D or a 4 speed w/ O/D. I'd think with a nice street roller cam and good roller rockers the thing should last as long as you do. I had my old 69 weighed w/ me (175 at the time) and 1/2 tank of gas and it was 3850. AC car w/o ac stuff. I think the 70 is hevier because it has an extra 5 inches on the nose. I'm looking at it from a cost standpoint. Of course you can make anything run and drive how you like as long as you have deep pockets. I think $ for $ you'd be better off with a BB. A 440 short block is about 400lbs. And that's with heavy TRW pistons and stock LY rods. As for your glass hood, I just ordered mine from USBODY.com. They have a good selection check them out. If I were to do anything to your car it'd be adding an extra pedal and a pistol grip to the interior.