Quote:

Family.... that's what you're racing has going for you. If that was a pict of me I would be standing there alone unless my dad happened to be down south for a visit. While my wife has always supported my "habit", I just don't feel right leaving for a weekend to do something that is so "me" centered. Besides, I have a 13yr old daughter who loves the game of softball and that's how we spend our summers now. Traveling all over the southwest attending tournements. I still have my little "get-a-ways" on the Harley, but that is something I can do out of the house and be back in a few hours. May of 08 was the last time I was on the track. ... I do take the car out on the road from time to time just to keep it running. Last time out I found the fuel cell is cracked. I'll need to at least replace that so I can at least start the car.

w/ J Body 100%.
When I stoped racing in 1995, I was mostly going by myself. My now ex wife would show up sometimes for first round and want to tell me how to race. All my close buddys had stopped racing for one reason or another. (At one time there were four of us that would go together to different tracks, '70 cuda, two '72 'cudas nad a '71 Challenger convert, all big blocks)
My wife (of 5 years) is the one that pushed me to get back to racing. She had seen my car (apart) and had met many of my racing buddys and heard us bench racing, but had never seen or heard my car run or been to the local races. She also saw how "up" I got talking about racing. This is her third year now and she still enjoys going and helping me. I think she's hooked, haha. She has not had a pay raise in 2 years, but found out she is getting a bonas this week, and wants to buy new slicks and a drum of fuel! My only wish is that I could have found her sooner!
To me it's a lot more fun with family. If I knew I would this much fun, I would have came back sooner.
Charlie, I'm glad you're staying.

Brian Dunnigan