Quote:

This winter I have been reading old mopar mags and wondering how people have such fast cars.

These are near stock 340's, 318's and mild 440's running consistently in the 12's in the quarter.

The last time I raced was with my mild 440 and my best time was a 15.4 @ 94mph. Embarassing.

anyway, thanks for reading, what are your thoughts?

eight

One thing is many people had their vacuum advance on ported vacuum and it was in the mix the wrong way and since there is 0 vacuum at WOT people were going down the track with 20 or so total degrees timing when 34 to 38 gives yo the pop you want.

So the distributor you got is the best way to work with a HP engine

Your cam is a tad small but so is your TQ so they should be fine together.

many people way over jet their carbs!! Carbs are jetted to give optimum AF for the air being drawn through them carbs do not know what motor is under them so a size or two jetting for compression and altitude are all that is needed.
at that altitude I would think 69/70 front jets with a 6.5 pv front and 78's rear no PV would be close.

The single plane intake may be off for your combo a but the M1's work better down low than most single planes. a RPM performer may be a better choice.

You will have to find your shift point but I would think 5400 maybe try up to 5700. Test and tune

60 foot is everything ever tenth you shave off there usually gives 2 tenths in the quarter.
so with your gear look to a 26 inch tall slick or a sticky street but in the same 26 inch tall area for the track.
I would go slicks and have at her.