Ha ha, cleaning the grease. I have a parts washer, that was unfortunately the easy part. Just got finished with the passenger door. This had to be the most difficult, most unsatisfying job in the history of the automobile. The worst part about it was when I got half-way through, after two hours of struggling and watching the glass bounce back and forth against the metal brackets in the window well, and discovering that the front lift channel fastener, on the far side of the glass, hadn't been installed...wasn't called for in the FSM (as the front slides were). I can't DESCRIBE how much fun it was to get this installed through that little 1 inch slot by the window crank. I certainly wasn't about to undo the whole job and risk damaging the glass more just to put this on, so I did it the hard way.

On the upside, I only have one more piece of glass to install on the car, and then I get to adjust it all. THEN I can put in all the interior panels and button up the interior. Amazing how this one, hideous, awful job is holding up the entire rest of the restoration, the fun parts.