Quote:

Quote:

found this topic on google,,,cant find it on the board,,,,, wanting to swap a super low mileage 5.2 into my street rod,,,engine is said to have the engine harness and J TECH computer,,,

engine is said to be a test mule from chrysler of 1997 daktoa vintage,,

ide perfer to use the stock computer no mods,,,but the mega squirt is an option,,,but a over wellming web site,, i have e mailed mega squirt and i hope to hear back ,,,soon before this motor gets sold to some one else

hot wires tells me that there is probably one plug for the computer missing if only then engine harness is there,.,, any one know can i re work the engine harness to do what i need,,using a non computer lock up 904

The easy part first, the lock up 904 is bolt on, no modifications at all except you need an LA flex plate instead of the slotted one on the Magnum. The lockup 904s had shudder issues so you might google that for modifications.
The first thing I would have the Megasquirt control is the spark timing eliminating the mechanical and vacuum advance. That appears to be pretty simple to do.
If and when I go with the Megasquirt to do fuel management, I will use the Mopar injector connectors but use my own wiring to keep it a little less confusing. There are too many extra wires in the factory harness for various sensors that I would not be using. I would use the stock LA engine harness to run the alternator, temp gauge, oil gauge, A/C compressor, etc. To keep as much of the stock look as possible, I would use the LA timing chain cover, water pump, V belts and a 340 air cleaner on the throttle body. There is no way to disguise the fuel rails and injectors but along with the fuel pump delete cover plate they will be the only tip off to more modern electronic fuel injection.
Then again, I may run out of money and just run the 2bbl Carter for now. I already have an electric fuel pump hooked up to make up for the now missing mechanical fuel pump.
This is all in a 73 Cuda with a 97 5.2L and a late non electronic lockup 904.
Craig

if you said if you have mega squirt control your fuel >??? what are you using now to run the factory injection ??

i want to use the magnum alt,a/c compressor,,serpintine belt,,,injection,,,ide assume if ur controlling the injection,,you would have to control spark and advance with the same system,, my 904 has hyd lock up and never any issues,,,

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic