Quote:

Quote:

I know you've been here a long time (although I didn't know you were a driving force for this section); I was teasing!!!
There have been a number of SB covers.
Edelbrock curved script (pretty rare)
late model Edelbrock (the blocky ones)
the new Edelbrocks
The stock style chrome
The flat chrome
The Gold and Blue DC style
Morosos
M/T
late model MP
new fabbed aluminum
Cal Custom (?)
Holley (Like the M/T)
Most have been shown here and elsewhere.
I haven't seen any others I can remember.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch....k=KeywordSearch

OK, I know this is thread is drifting all over the place, but to add to the above info, there are also:
CP products cast aluminum ribbed covers in Black wrinkle or polished. They look sorta like the M/T but they have a blank rectangle in the middle (for putting a name plate, I guess). They're less boxy, maybe they're more like the MP covers.

Here's the story - the World Wide Autoparts store I go to had a Chevy SB display motor that had alumimum covers on it. Recently the store was taken over by Carquest. I looked at the cool valve covers and saw that they were made by Ansen. I had a feeling these have been there for a LOOOOOOOONG time and they're not available. I asked if they had something like this for a SB Mopar. They mentioned they might have something from CP Products. I told them - that's probably chrome, I don't want chrome. They suggested the Edelebrock, I said no thank$$$. Then they opened the CP products catalog and - what do you know, they do have cast aluminum covers, he looked up the part number and was surprised to see that he had a set of black wrinkle ones in stock. So I took a look at them, asked the price - $60 (including tax, I think). I said, for this cheap, I'll grab them. All the stock covers I had were crap. So they're waiting until I get my Edelbrock heads.
CP products also has a polished model.
I wish Edelbrock issues their old style ribbed ones for SBM (they have them for everything else!)

Ran

so- have any pics of them?

Dave