VON# = Stamped into the Fender tag, uppers drivers quarter under trunk weather stripping, top of drivers radiator core support. Printed on the Broadcast Sheet

Full VIN# = Stamped into the dash VIN Tag, printed on the Broadcast Sheet, and possibly on other factory or dealer paperwork

VIN Sequence Number (last 6 digits of the VIN#) stamped into the engine and transmission. In 1968 the engine stamping was typically stamped on the top of the bell housing flange as shown in pics above, I have heard reports of 68's with the number stamped onto the raised pad on the lower passenger side just above the oil pan rail but have never seen one myself. Transmission stampings were as shown on automatics,just behind the engine stamping on the upper bell housing, 4 speeds were stamped into the raised pad on the passenger side (pic attached). Concerning those who claim to have original cars that were never stamped, yes it's possible, but I have never seen any original examples, if any of you have pics of those areas left blank by the factory please e-mail them to me if you don't mind, along with any other replated photos of the engine or trans numbers.