Quote:

I have bushed hundreds of them all. I can plot the bore locations with the renishaw probe and show you just how bad they are. I can plot the locations of both the top and bottom of the bore and calculate the error in the angle. As Jimi says, they are all horrible. What most fail to consider is that with the current crop of fast rate of lift flat tappet cams putting the lobe out right to the edge of the lifter, the block geometry has to be as precise as the cam is ground. Ma Mopar was the WORST of the big three as far as factory machining.
Now imagine how many flat tappet failures have been blamed on the cam and or lifters when the block is really the culprit. I laugh when I'm at COMP cams looking at how accurate the cams are ground knowing they'll be put in some 40yr old POS block And if you think stuffing a roller in is the fix, think about how moving the bore .020 from the center line and changing the angle of the lifter 1 degree affects valve timing events Now imagine having 16 different variations of that and look at the incremental power you are leaving on the table.

CRE2004 Thank you for taking the time!

Exactly what I was trying to say and then some AHMEN!