Quote:

One member said his rear buckles were missing, but identical & like in my case, only the front white banded buckles were installed.

I bought the car in 1994 when nobody cared about or hardly knew about these cars, I see no reason as the other member here why they were tampered with, and even found a factory safety hazard warning label that stated 'seat belts loose' still attached to seat belt bolt once rear seat was removed.

The other back-seat-belt-less C15 member here, checking back in.

There is little mystery as to the source of the belts currently in the back seat of my convertible. I put them there. I did it so that my offspring would have belts whilest sitting there. I had no belts back there because they got removed, and the culprit was almost certainly me during the early and foolish part of my three decades of ownership. The back seats were in and out numerous times over the years, to redo upholstery (or at least freshen-up the duct tape), pound on the rear window motors, and sop up the hydraulic fluid spewed out of the broken top lift line. As I write this, it occurs to me and my swiss-cheese memory that I likely removed the belts at a point where they had soaked up a bunch of ATF, intending at the time to clean or replace them (and never did so).

Being good at math and having exactly three children (to my knowledge), that is the number of '71 belts I bolted back there in more recent times.

Question: The back seat of a convertible provides a narrower area for passengers than that of a roofed car. Anyone know for certain the number of belts provided back there by the factory?

Down to just a blue car now.