Here you go guy. This is the Hemi Cuda body that I resurrected awhile back. The quarters were really very straight but had small issues at both front of wheel opening and rear as usual. Both the customer and I went over the pro's and cons of total replacement and decided to keep as much of the original metal as possible so I fabbed everything that I needed from the correct gauge stock. Everything was perfectly fit and then hammer welded together with my tig machine. tThe entire joint and it will never crack. Making weld repairs such as this will be as good as the base metal itself. The car really turned out very nice and since it was an original black car once the paint work is finished up it should be really neat. I prefer repairing just what's needed. How ever if I had a ragtop that say needed the whole quarter I would at least buy the AMD panels simply because they are thicker material and should hold up just fine for that application. I think that the thinner steel in the half panels would actually be too weak to support the body flex on the Vert. I would make whatever I needed to make it happen. Also that oil canning on your other side can be repaired with the proper metal techniques and saved. I have already done that on a R/T Charger as well. All things are possible! Just my 2

5723578-1970-15.JPG (49 downloads)