Quote:

With respect, this "ain't" the '50's or '60's

Even in the small home town where I grew up, traffic is not 1000 times worse than back then. Here's the other thing. If you are following a newer car with good stoppers, and he slaps the binders for a dog or kid, and all you have is your old '50's back drums, no fronts, and little 'un's at that, you aren't -a- gonna stop.

so far's I'm concerned, ANY street car without front brakes is a death trap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAW3oV8tw8

I NEVER said I would run without front brakes. I prefer brake on all 4 corners. There are PLENTY of cars running drum on all 4s out there, not everyone can fork over $2grad for a Disc convertion. I know I wouldnt. I think its dumb to run without front brakes, Besides the dumb thats behind you in the same senario could have a 2008 whatever and smash rite into you because hes not paying attention, Also dont ride the person infront of you's and you wont hit them. The only thing I recomend is replace all the brake lines in the older car if they are rusty even if there isnt leaks it can snap at any time witch is the down fall of the single res mastercylinder. Otherwise they are just fine. Ive had a line snap on a 51 Ford I had and Cross traffic didnt have the stop sign, and on that note a Elcamino I had with Factory discs in front had the mastercylinder fail So as long as your brake system is in working order and nothing fails stock brakes are fine on all 4 corners of course. I know alot of guys that dont "Update" their brake because the stock is fine. My 53 Wagon might get disc up front but it depends on price when the time comes. Big brake kit are for bigger wheels for the most part because the guys that get them arent runnin 14s or 15s and that posses a prob with me because Im not a big fan of "bigger" wheels. Ive only seen a few vehicles I liked and thats rare. So in the end I WOULD NOT RUN WITHOUT FRONT BRAKES BECAUSE ITS NOT VERY SAFE. Also why would you be speeding while riding thier , That itself isnt safe.

Last edited by not_a_charger; 09/25/08 07:32 PM.