Quote:

I remember the Challenger but I don't recall seeing it run.I had heard that rumor but more often heard one about a certain Pro Stock Mustang that used to be cannon fodder when the big boy Match race cars came to town.I never believed that one because I had never seen it run as fast as Jim.If you recall the next Silver Bullet was never finished and would have been close to running in the 8's with a Lenco etc etc.

I don't remember the mustang, but I do remember a white Thunderbolt, that was suppossed to run 9's, never saw it run anybody allways just sitting. I saw Lisks Challenger run 9.44 at Milan in I'd guess about 1979. Those were the days!

DON'T know much about a Pro Stock Mustang or a white Thunderbolt ... but why has no one mentioned anything about that silver Mustang II ?

The one featured in CC and HR mags .... built by Jack Roush, twin-turbo aluminum Can-Am motor ... that Andy Mannarino said pulled-HARDER in high-gear than his Pro-Stock car.

I rode in that car ... it was SCARY fast ! Oh ... and it "featured" a custom Mister Fiberglass hood !!