A friend of mine in Warren, Ohio bought the Challenger (minus engine and lenco) off of Lisk shortly after the car appeared at the Street Machine Nationals at Indy. I don't remember what year that was. Late 70's? He put a crossram Hemi and 727 in it along with a T/A hood in place of the Tunnelram hood.

The car was repainted after thieves broke into his garage and stole his tools. They dragged his tool boxes over the front of the car to get to the window. He was heart broken. He said he would have left his tools out in the driveway if it would have kept these kids away from the car. I think he only drove it a couple of times after the repaint and then it sat for a few years.

We lost track of the car after he sold it. Did either of you buy it from him? I think he might still have the engine and trans that he had in the car and if I remember correctly the Lisk engine and trans went into Lisk's brother's car. It's too bad the Lisk Challenger seems to have disappeared into obscurity. I concider it one of the pioneers of the ProStreet movement.

Here's a little trivia I have never seen printed anywhere. Mike Fons built the car for Steve out of a bunch of parts salvaged from a wrecked Prostock Colt. That's why the ladder bars where so short.

Last edited by GomangoCuda; 11/05/09 01:21 PM.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.