Quote:

Quote:

Was Jimmy ever was beaten? Some say yes,some say no.I never saw it but I wasn't at every race either.Rumor has it that he was beat once.I doubt it but if the rumor is true I am pretty sure I know who it might have been.One thing I know for sure was he was very selective if he did not know the car.He had to be selective as GM and Ford had several "projects" out there trying to dethrone him as the King of Woodward.He raced all comers but not till he had a least an idea of how fast the car was.I really don't mind if the car is not exact as raced.Harold has my respect for actually showing his collection over the years and sharing it with the Mopar community.

I believe the once you are talking about is by a certain HEMI powered, Lenco trans, Challenger owned and driven by Steve Lisk

I remember the Challenger but I don't recall seeing it run.I had heard that rumor but more often heard one about a certain Pro Stock Mustang that used to be cannon fodder when the big boy Match race cars came to town.I never believed that one because I had never seen it run as fast as Jim.If you recall the next Silver Bullet was never finished and would have been close to running in the 8's with a Lenco etc etc.

Leave the gun.......take the Cannoli's....Mike