Monte - Just a quick note to say thank you for your correct information. I double-checked the information I had and was found to have an "outdated theory"

Thank you for your contributions to the board. I am always ready to learn, but sometimes a little stubborn!

P.S. I went right back to Dave Morgan (author of "Door Slammer Chassis Book") and here is the response he gave me.

Quote:

Scott!

Man, it's great to hear from you. I have wondered about you off-and-on for a while now, but had lost my contact information for you. Let's keep in touch/
The other fellow is correct and for the reasons he said. The success of the Cal-Trac bar is defined in a science known as kinimatics (the study of links). Any dirt track racer will tell you that if you want more bite coming out of a corner, you need to increase the upper angle of the lower bar on a fourlink. From an IC point of view, this is explined by the fact that the IC is moved upwards and rearwards. By changing the angle of the Cal-Trac bar, the lower bar pushes up against the chassis and therefore downwards against the housing. I did not know of these effects when you and I were together and it's been an upgrade to my seminar presentation.

Dave Morgan