Quote:

This is pretty simple, Cal Tracks or not, leaf springs are on the BOTTOM of the list, as far as desirable suspension for a race car. Sure some cars go fast with them, but they are nowhere near as good as a link system. In high HP applications, leafs are really hit and miss and basically suck. Yeah, that 4 bar system may be a little pricey, but way cheaper than backhalfing a car, plus anybody can install this at home. It would be an easy choice for me, if I could afford the link system, that is what I would buy. From what we have seen, the short upper bar 4 links, like this one, Mustangs and G-body's, work VERY well and will be much more predictable and adjustable than leafs, any day of the week.

Also, somebody said you can adjust the IC with Cal Tracks, no you can't. The IC is where the spring bolts into the car. The spring is attached solidly to the housing and the housing is bolted in the car, THAT point is the IC, period. You can adjust how the suspension reacts by moving the Cal Track bar, but not the IC. Like was stated, the CalTrack is a fancy slapper bar. It's only purpose is to try and keep the front segment from flexing.

Monte

I agree Monty, but could you list the sanctioning bodies that allow mopars to use this set up in stock suspension classes? I'm not aware of any, which is why you see no mopars in them.

There is no doubt in my mind that the link system works as advertised, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I had a rare/valueable car that I didn't want to back half and still go fast with.