Quote:

I appreciate your interest...I understand that compression ratio is a value that needs to be factored in when determining the application of a camshaft...Suffice it to say that the pistons are advertised as .030-over replacements for the 383 HP engine...I do not know what the EXACT compression ratio is, and I frankly don't care. I would assume that it is close to what was advertised...that's good enough for me. This is not a race engine. I just wanted to hear of fellow hobbyists experiences with the cams in the subject line. Thanks

you might not care until you put too big of a cam in it and it runs like poo.

ok, so you have a stock rebuilt 383 HP. most 906 heads are in the 92 cc range, if you used a steel shim head gasket, those are about 5cc, if the pistons were .080 in the hole, you're looking at 7.9:1 actual compression. if you used the standard gasket in the rebuild kit, you're looking at more like 7.6:1 compression. if they were .017 in the hole like someone else mentioned, you're looking at more like 8.8:1 with the thin gasket, and 8.5:1 with the standard fel-pro engine teardown kit.

if you were at a true 10:1, I'd say go for the XE274, but you're not. you may be waaaay off of that. I'd go conservative and go with the XE268, otherwise the car might be pretty doggy until 3500 RPM or so.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)