Quote:

Quote:

I appreciate your interest...I understand that compression ratio is a value that needs to be factored in when determining the application of a camshaft...Suffice it to say that the pistons are advertised as .030-over replacements for the 383 HP engine...I do not know what the EXACT compression ratio is, and I frankly don't care. I would assume that it is close to what was advertised...that's good enough for me. This is not a race engine. I just wanted to hear of fellow hobbyists experiences with the cams in the subject line. Thanks

Ok, seeing you have a stock cam now, i would get the .268, it should wake it up nicely, the .274 would sound better, but with stock compression, you may not like it as much as the .268, now that thats said, you really should care about what you build, especially the compression when it comes to picking a cam, if you get defencesive about it, then knowone with any real knowhow will bother helping you, then your responces will be slim, & thats why your asking Qs, for help "right", so don't be quick to get mad, because doing the math on any build is knowledge, & ammunition for any future upgrades you may want to do. [/quot

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU