Quote:

I don't know the source of your statue, so no comment, but it certaintly as I read it does NOT cover "rebodies", and the OP until several posts later never devulged his intended "legal", by your statue, purpose of needing replica VIN revits. This has been covered many times, and my main concern was the OP may not have fully understood the can of worms he was opening. And regarding another poster about all the "felons" at car shows, that I am do not know, but I am fairly certain one needs to be charged, convicted, and sentenced to be technically called a "felon".

So is your understanding that if a person is needing VIN rivots then he must be doing a rebody. Put your bullet away Barney. The poster can put his VIN on another dash that has been installed in his car. The dash is a serviceable part that is no welded or permanently attached to the vehicle. Ask your friendly HP. I deal with things such as this alot. I build alot of totals & from time to time the dash has to be changed. Most of them go to the HP for inspection. I must be posting from prison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said that he had to devulge to you or anyone else anyway. It's his business.