This is just another simple post buy a guy needing legit info for a legit cause and all of a sudden the moparts moral police come out.

The funny part is all this NOS vin riv stuff is just an unspoken part of the hobby, many many people use them for legit reasons.

I know of a guy in mich, sitting on 500 or so NOS vin rivs, hes sold a few local and they ended up on ebay with no issues.

I dont kiss and tell but many moparts members here are sitting on one or two set of correct vin rivs for correct and legit reasons....who are these members?....baaa good luck, but the moral police would have a fit but these are good honest people.

I had about 100 of these, I used about 40 on the dashwork (gauge clusters, ect) on my R/T, Am I going to hell for using some old rives in a box to fix my gauge clusters....I think not.

Now lets not forget all the open titles that change hands, or the bill of sales with the reduced price for less taxes...but thats all ok, right.

If one is retaging/rebody, using stolen parts to commit fraud, yes they should burn in hell and goto jail. But I dont see the OP asking for vin rivs in public so he can sell his /6 hemi cuda on the bag in six months.

So its clear there are alot of members here riding on a very high horse, I call them keyboard cowboys....but of course no one of them has ever drank and drove, smoked there tires on a public road, missed church,ect....