Quote:

First, I didn't know what cam I wanted before I came to this site. I'm not jousting or whatever you may think I'm doing here. I'm trying to learn all aspects of a cam and how the motor will behave when certain things are changed such as heads, CR, etc.

Second, not every person on this site is the dubbed "The Master of Mopar" or the brightest bulb in the box. Yeah I'm a young gun, and I'm learning.

Now I'm taking down all the cams and specs and coming up with different set ups with my RR. Those "old" dusty books hold many a secrets from the racing days when Mopar, Chevy, and Ford were duking it out on the track. ]

This IS what I plan on going with as far as parts, WITHOUT the decision of a cam:

-3.55 rear gear
-Stealth aluminum heads
-M1 dual plane intake (Eddy RPM performer wont clear my factory hood)
-flat top pistons
-factory 4 speed
-9.5:1 to 10:1 CR
-Carter Comp Carb or another possible variant that retains the factory look of a mopar carb

Hopefully this will clear up any confusion with previous posts. Basically, I don't need the fastest car on the block. Roadrunner's are pedigree cars that don't need to hall a** anymore to prove themselves. I just want something that drives great and once in a while spank the ocassional ricer that has an ego.

Comp Cams has a program called Camquest that you can download and change parameters like headflow, gearing, etc. They'd ask you all the same questions found in Camquest if you were to call their techs on the phone. Try playing with that for a while. Obviously, what it can't show you are drivability issues or vacuum readings.