The front suspension is falling into place on my car and I think it should perform well.

The suspension is looking to be set up like this so far..

-Energy Suspension polyurethane LCA, sway bar and strut rod bushings
-Moog LBJ's
-CAP Adjustable Tubular UCA's
-Moog 11/16" Tie rod ends
-Firm Feel Stage 3 box
-Moog Late B-pitman and idler arms
-1.22" Torsion bars
-Koni Adjustable shocks
-MP/Adcco 1.125" front sway bar

The torsion bars are a little bit bigger than I wanted, but the shocks should help alot in keeping them under control. I am a little excited to be a guinea pig for these bars, not alot of people have tried them. The alignment will be critical, I have still not yet figured that one out.

I can't decide what to do for the rear though.

I guess there are a few options, but all have their faults.

-MP XHD springs with a 7/8" rear sway bar.

My ride height remains the same, I can get a set for under $200 and they use my existing hangers. I don't know if the spring rate will be too tame in comparison to the front. This seems to make me the most comfortable.

-De-arched SS springs with the same sway bar.

E-berg used them on his Green Brick, and they worked very well. The MP chassis manual says that they can't be used for a turning application due to side loading, but the rebound of the spring (side to side motion) should be eliminated with the de-arch since it will be near flat like stock springs. Cost for the spring is the same and I have to get a set of different hangers. No biggie. I feel the spring rate on these will be fairly well matched to the front.

-Cal-tracs and the custom mono leaf springs

The most untested of the bunch. John Calvert thinks they would work well, and the springs would be custom matched to the car for the spring # and ride height. In his experience the bars them selves do about 75% of the work that the sway bar does. This is the most expensive option, but it is tailored to the car and offers a slight weight reduction.

I am trying to make the most of the cars handling abilities with the use of mostly stock components. IE; No tubular K-member with coilovers and no 4-link rear. Just over the counter stuff for the most part with some attention to detail. I think the biggest limiting factor in all of this will be the 15" wheel and tire combination, but I can live with that.

These are just my basic thought out ideas, please point out any faults or input any of your own ideas.

THANKS !

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.